Custom Vs. Ready-Made Curtains
Last Updated on
When it comes to making a design statement, windows are one of the most prominent features in a room. And custom-made curtains are the best way to create the perfect statement of your dreams. The right window treatment can make a space appear larger or emphasize and compliment the rest of the room. In today’s post, we will talk about the difference between custom and ready-made curtains and why we think spending that extra money is worth it to get exactly what you want. If you’re looking for custom-made curtains in Gilbert, our designers at Athena’s Window Fashions are standing by to help you create the ultimate design statement you’ve been imagining for every room in your home or office.
What is the Difference Between Custom-Made and Ready-Made Curtains?
- Custom-made curtains are made with love by professionals who take pride in what they do.
- Fabric lengths are all cut with the same pattern repeat for the entire project
- The pattern is carefully matched at the seams
- The finished lengths are consistent
- Large double hems complete our custom-made curtains
- Side hems are hand-stitched with a weight sewn into the corners
The finished curtain is fan-folded to train the drape to hang in folds.
Ready-made curtains can be a big disappointment. Poor workmanship and low standards lead to imperfections that are not easily seen in the glossy sales photos. Often, ready-made panels have the following characteristics:
- Inconsistent finished lengths
- Small, single hems
- Pattern repeats aren’t matched
- Being folded up and smashed into a box
- Stubborn creases and wrinkles
With draperies, as in life, you get what you pay for. But don’t just take our word for it! See what our customers have to say about our custom-made curtains. At Athena’s Window Fashions in Gilbert, we are passionate about creating designs that fit your style. If you’re looking for custom-made curtains in Gilbert, we want to invite you to visit our showroom to see our extensive supply of fabrics and inspire yourself with all sorts of design options for any room or any space you choose. And while you’re visiting, stop by our drapery workroom to see our beautiful custom work in action!